- A rectangular array of squares or rectangles of equal size, such as in a crossword puzzle.
- A system for delivery of electricity, consisting of various substations, transformers and generators, connected by wire.
- You can't turn off the building from here; you have to shut down the whole . — line from the motion picture w:Die Hard, Die Hard
- (computing) A system or structure of distributed computers working mostly on a peer-to-peer basis, such structures being known as a computational grid or simply grid computing, and used mainly to solve single and complex scientific or technical problems or to process data at high speeds (as in clusters).
- (cartography) A method of mark off, marking off maps into areas.
- Dutch: raster, coí¶rdinatiestelsel, coí¶rdinatienet
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grid for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.