- (obsolete) mourning, Mourning, weeping, lamentation.
- To address with salutations or expressions of kind wishes; to salute; to hail; to welcome; to accost with friendship; to pay respects or compliments to, either personally or through the intervention of another, or by writing or token.
- My lord, the mayor of London comes to you. -Shak.
- To come upon, or meet, as with something that makes the heart glad.
- In vain the spring my senses greets. -Addison.
- To accost; to address.
- (intransitive) To meet and give salutations.
- There in silence, as the dead are wont, And sleep in peace. -Shak.
- (context, obsolete, except, _, Scotland) great, Great.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for greet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.