- A traffic light in its green state (indicating that vehicles may proceed).
- The drive home was much faster than usual; somehow we managed to hit every .
verb (inf=to green light, green lights, green lighting, green lit or green lighted)
- (idiom) permission, Permission to proceed.
- We have a on the project, work starts today.
Etymology: From the standard red-green color scheme used in traffic lights and railway signals.
- (alternative spelling of, greenlight)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for green light for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.