- (comparative of, great, lang=English, POS=adjective)
- Used in referring to a region or place together with the surrounding area; (of a city) metropolitan.
- 1990, Geza Peter Lauter & Chikara Higashi, Internationalization of the Japanese Economy, ISBN 0792390520, p. 285
- :... statistics revealing that while Tokyo has a total area that represents only 3.6 percent of the total land available ... more than 25 percent of the country's population live there.
- 1997, Virginia Boucher, Interlibrary Loan Practices Handbook, ISBN 0838906672, p. 98
- :... research libraries ... located in the Midwest.
- 2004, Richard Alan Meckel & Heather Munro Prescott, Children and Youth in Sickness and in Health: A Historical Handbook and Guide, ISBN 0313330417, p. 201
- :The rate in isolated counties was about a third higher than in the metropolitan counties.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for greater for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.