adjective (greater, greatest)
- very, Very big, large scale.
- A storm is approaching our shores.
- Very good.
- Dinner was .
- important, Important.
- Title referring to an important leader.
- Alexander the Great
Etymology: greatOld English, grÄat.
- German: der Groíče (e.g., "Alexander der Groíče")
- Italian: bene
- Spanish: magno (e.g., Alejandro Magno)
- French: grand , grande
- Dutch: de Grote
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for great for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.