- The act of grazing; a touching or rubbing lightly on passing.
- A light touch; a slight scratch.
verb (graz, ing)
- Spanish: rasguí±o
- To feed or supply (cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- 1999: Although it is perfectly good meadowland, none of the villagers has ever grazed animals on the meadow on the other side of the wall. — Stardust, Neil Gaiman, page 4 (2001 Perennial Edition).
- To feed on; to eat (growing herbage); to eat grass from (a pasture); to browse.
- cattle on the meadows
- To tend (cattle, etc.) while grazing.
- To rub or touch lightly the surface of (a thing) in passing.
- the bullet grazed the wall
- To cause a slight wound to.
- to one's knee
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for graze for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.