verb (grappl, ing)
- (nautical) a device consisting of iron claws, attached to the end of a rope, used for grasping and holding an enemy ship prior to boarding; a grapnel or grappling iron
- (uncountable) the act of grappling
- a close hand-to-hand struggle
- (transitive) to seize something and hold it firmly
- (intransitive) to use a grapple
- (intransitive) to wrestle or tussle
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for grapple for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.