- A loose, flowing upper garment
- The ordinary outer dress of a woman; as, a calico or silk gown.
- The official robe of certain professional men and scholars, as university students and officers, barristers, judges, etc.; hence, the dress of peace; the dress of civil officers, in distinction from military.
- The university community.
- In the perennial town versus battles, townies win some violent battles, but the collegians are winning the war.
- A loose wrapper worn by gentlemen within doors; a dressing gown.
- Any sort of dress or garb.
- The robe worn by a surgeon
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gown for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.