adjective or gothic
- an extinct language, once spoken by the Goths in what is now Ukraine and Bulgaria.
- of or related to the Goth, Goths.
- of or related to the architecture, architectural style favored in western Europe in the 12th to 16th centuries.
- of or related to the goth subculture or lifestyle.
- of or related to a style of fictional writing emphasizing violent or macabre events in a mysterious, desolate setting.
- of a style of elaborate calligraphy based on medieval writing, also called black letter.
- (typography) of a sans serif typeface using straight, even-width lines, also called typesetters gothic.
- Dutch: Gotisch (1,2,5,6), gothic (3,4)
- German: gotisch
- Spanish: gótico , gótica
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Gothic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.