noun (gooseberr, ies)
- A fruit closely related to the currant.
- We had a good haul of gooseberries from our tree this year.
- Any of several other unrelated fruits, such as the Chinese gooseberry (kiwifruit) and the Indian gooseberry (amla).
- an additional person that is neither necessary nor wanted in a given situation
- Robert and Susan were so in love with each other that nobody could go near them without feeling like a .
- French: groseille
- German: Stachelbeere
- Italian: uva spina
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gooseberry for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.