verb (inf=to go up, goes up, going up, went up)
- (context, transitive, intransitive) to move upwards
- Are you going up the mountain? No, I went up yesterday.
- (intransitive) to be built or erected
- There are new offices going up in town.
- (intransitive) to rise or increase
- The price of bananas has gone up because of a shortage.
- (intransitive) to be consumed by fire
- The building went up in smoke.
- (intransitive) to forget lines or blocks during public performance
- The producer hopes nobody goes up opening night.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for go up for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.