verb see go for conjugation; see down for other possible meanings
- (intransitive) To descend; to move from a higher place to a lower one.
- You'll need to two floors to get to that office.
- (intransitive) To decrease; to change from a greater value to a lesser one.
- The unemployment rate has gone down significantly in recent months.
- (context, computing, engineering) To stop functioning, to go offline.
- Did the server just again? We'll have to reboot it.
- (idiom) To perform oral sex.
- Some people just don't like to .
- (slang) To take place, happen.
- A big heist went down yesterday by the docks.
- French: descendre (1)
- Italian: scendere (1)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for go down for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.