- a knot in wood; a large or hard knot, or a protuberance with twisted grain, on a tree.
- something resembling a knot in wood, such as in stone or limbs.
- (mathematics) The average value of the magnitude squared of the curl of a vector field over a continuous path that is tangent to the vector field at every point. In mathematical notation, gnarl is represented by the lowercase Greek letter Î¾.
- Italian: nodo (di albero)
- (transitive) to knot or twist something
- (intransitive) to snarl or growl; to gnar
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gnarl for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.