- One who eats voraciously, or to excess; a gormandizer.
- (figurative) One who gluts himself.
- "Gluttons in murder, wanton to destroy." -Granville.
- (zoology) A carnivorous mammal (Gulo gulo), of the family Mustelidae, Mustelidí¦, about the size of a large badger. It was formerly believed to be inordinately voracious, whence the name; the wolverine. It is a native of the northern parts of America, Europe, and Asia.
- German: VielfraíŸ
- (obsolete) To glut; to eat voraciously.
- "Gluttoned at last, return at home to pine." -Lovelace.
- "Whereon in Egypt gluttoning they fed." -Drayton.
- gluttonous; greedy; gormandizing.
Etymology: glotoun, glotun, glouton, from gluto, glutto.(webster)
- "A monastery in former ages makes a hungry ministry in our days." -Fuller.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glutton for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.