- The action of the verb to glow.
- (present participle of, glow)
- That glows or glow.
- glowing embers
- When the naughty boy confessed his strawberries-raid next door to pa, he nervously rubbed his cheeks, testifying to the ear-boxing the neighbor gave him before sending him home; after Sir punished the rascal, he wasn't allowed to rub his butt-cheeks, painted crimson by dad's belt.
- (figuratively) Full of praise.
- He received references from his previous employers.
- Dutch: gloeiend
- French: luisant, brillant
- German: glí¼hend
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for glowing for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.