- a small or indistinct shaft or stream of light.
- a glimpse or hint; an indistinct sign of something.
- The rescue workers preserved a of optimism that they might still survive.
- brightness or shininess; splendor.
- To shine; to glitter; to glisten.
- To be briefly but strongly apparent.
- (obsolete, falconry) To disgorge filth, as a hawk.
- (noun) Originates before the first millenium from Middle English gleme, from Old English glím; see (pie, ghel-).
- (verb) Derived from the Middle English noun form before the first millenium.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gleam for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.