verb (inf=to give away, gives away, giving away, gave away, given away)
- (transitive)to make a gift of something
- I didn't like that book, so I gave it away.
- (transitive)to formally hand over a bride to the bridegroom; often by her father
- Who giveth away this woman to this man In Holy matrimony?
- (reflexive)to unintentionally reveal a secret, or expose someone
- He gave himself away with a stupid lie
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for give away for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.