noun (wikipedia, GI (military))
- A member of the w:US military, U.S. military.
- One who is demanding and strict, in the manner of a stereotypical member of the military.
- To clean aggressively.
- 'Top, get the unit to this AO before the old man arrives.''
- (military) Given to a soldier by the Army (as an item), rather than brought from home; or used by the Army (as a procedure), and different from its civilian counterpart.
- Soldiers counted cadence by chanting: " brush / And comb / Gee, I wish that I was home!"
- gastrointestinal, Gastrointestinal.
Etymology: was originally an initialism for Galvanized Iron; during the 1930s the usage expanded to stand for Government Issue; by World War II it had become a nickname for the military personnel themselves.
- I was queasy after my upper series, but it far outshone the lower one.
- galvanize, Galvanized iron.
- government issue, Government issue or general infantry, General Infantry
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for GI for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- (context, US): A Judo or Karate uniform.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gi for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.