- A motion of the limbs or body, especially one made to emphasize speech
- The middle finger is really a nonverbal swear.
- An act or a remark made as a formality or as a sign of attitude
- We took flowers as a of sympathy.
verb (gestures, gesturing, gestured)
- French: geste(fr)m
- German: Geste
- Spanish: gesto(es)m
- (intransitive) To make a gesture or gestures.
- My dad said to never with my hands when I talk.
- (transitive) To express something by a gesture or gestures.
- Never at someone with a middle finger.
Etymology: From gestura.
- German: (jemandem etwas) bedeuten
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gesture for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.