- The early, undocumented language from which other Germanic languages such as German, English, Dutch and Scandinavian languages developed.
- The group of Indo-European languages that developed from Germanic.
- Having German characteristics
- Relating to the Germans, Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons
- Relating to the language or group of languages known as Germanic
Etymology: (term, Germanicus, lang=la).
- German: germanisch
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Germanic for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.