- A man of breeding or higher class.
- A polite term referring to a man.
- Please direct this to the menswear department.
- (context, in plural only) A polite form of address to a group of men.
- Follow me, gentlemen.
- (gentlemen's) Toilets intended for use by men.
Etymology: From gentili-s, belonging to the same gens or stock.
- French: messieurs
- Dutch: heren
- German: Herr
- Italian: signori
- Spanish: seí±ores
(trans-top, toilets intended for use by men)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gentleman for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.