- The first of the Books of Moses in the Old Testament of the Bible, the first book in the Torah.
- (given name, female) of American usage since the 1980s.
Etymology: From , "creation", "beginning", "origin".
- Dutch: Genesis(nl)
- French: Genèse
- German, Genesis, 1. Buch Mose
- Spanish: el Génesis
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Genesis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- The origin, start, or point at which something comes into being.
- Some point to the creation of the Magna Carta as the of English common law.
Etymology: From (birth)
- Dutch: genese
- French: genèse
- German: Genese , Genesis
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for genesis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.