noun (es, -)
- (uncountable) (chemistry) Matter in a state intermediate between liquid and plasma that can be contained only if it is fully surrounded by a solid (or held together by gravitational pull); it can condense into a liquid, or can (rarely) become a solid directly.
- A lot of had escaped from the cylinder
- (countable) (chemistry) A chemical element or compound in such a state.
- The atmosphere is made up of a number of different gases
- (uncountable) An inflammable gaseous hydrocarbon or hydrocarbon mixture (typically predominantly methane) used as a fuel, e.g. for cooking, heating or electricity generation.
- Gas-fired power stations have largely replaced coal-burning ones.
- Methane or other waste gases trapped in one's belly as a result of the digestive process. My tummy hurts so bad, I have .
- (slang): A humorous event or person.
- He is such a !
- (baseball) A fastball.
- The closer threw him nothing but .
verb (gases, gassing, gassed)
- Dutch: gas
- German: Blí¤hung
- Italian: gas
- To kill with poisonous gas
- Noun, gas
- To talk, chat.
- To emit gas
- The battery cell was gassing.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gas for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.