- Galician, a citizen of Galicia. However, Galicians might consider the term Gallegan offensive because it is based on the Spanish gallego rather than the native word galego.
- The Galician language spoken in Galicia. Although this language sounds like a mixture of Spanish and Portuguese, it is an independent language that evolved directly from Latin.
- Use of Gallegan and Galicia in "The Bible in Spain by George Borrow" (1842) http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/b/borrow/george/bible/.
- Dutch: Galicisch
- French: galician , galicienne
- Spanish: gallego , gallega
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Gallegan for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.