noun (pl=gaijin, pl2=gaijins)
- A non-Japanese person.
Etymology: From Japanese åä (ãããã, gaijin), foreigner.
- 1992, David Pollack, Reading Against Culture, Cornell Press, page 230
- :And I did not intend to live my life as a —not merely, like the expatriate, someone by definition permanently out of place but someone unwanted as well.
- 2004, Troy Anderson, The Way of Go, Simon and Schuster, page 149
- :... I was placed in the gaijins' dormitory area up on the third floor.
- 2006, Alan M. Klein, Growing the Game: The Globalization of Major League Baseball, page 127
- :Oh's pitchers later acknowledged that they were instructed—under penalty of a fine—to throw no strikes to the .
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for gaijin for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.