- The killing of one's brother (or sister).
- A person who commits this crime.
- 1936: H A L Fisher: A History of Europe: Edward Arnold Publishers P.376.
- :"The conversion of Russia to Christianity was effected, it would seem by a monster of cruelty and lust. That Vladimir (980 - 1015) was a , who maintained 3,500 concubines, has not prevented his canonization as a saint."
- (military, by extension) The killing of a comrade in arms or one who commits this act (intentionally or unintentionally).
- 1999, Richard M. Swain, http://books.google.com/books?id=mZty9wdfHRkC&pg=PA180&dq=fratricide&ei=tOLRRviDPaPIowLkvMDQBw&sig=1A6pkjEgoziKM8Dv41HLUDKRIFw Lucky War: Third Army in Desert Storm, DIANE Publishing, p. 180
- :"From January on, Third Army also spent a good deal of energy trying to solve the problem of , the killing or injuring of one's own forces by what is ironically called 'friendly fire,'..."
Etymology: From frater: brother + caedere: to kill.
- German: Brudermí¶rder , Brudermí¶rderin
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fratricide for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.