- A drawing conveying information
- A person or thing representing a certain consciousness
- A numeral
- A shape
- A visible pattern as in wood or cloth.
verb (figures, figuring, figured) (mainly US)
- Dutch: vorm
- French: figure
- German: Form
- Italian: figura
- Spanish: figura,
- To solve a mathematical problem.
- Come to understand.
Etymology: From French, figure.
- Dutch: menen
- Italian: (riuscire a) capire
- Spanish: ocurrírsele
(trans-top, come to understand)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for figure for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.