- The person or thing in the fifth position.
- One of five equal parts of a whole.
- The fifth gear of an engine.
- A quantity of liquor equal to one-fifth of a gallon.
- The musical interval between one note and another five tones higher.
- (the Fifth) (US colloquial) The Fifth Amendment (to the constitution of the United States).
- French: cinquième(fr)m
- Italian: quinto(it)m
- The ordinal form of the number five.
- Dutch: vijfde (abbreviations 5de, 5e)
- French: cinquième (before the noun) (abbreviation 5ème); (in names of monarchs and popes) cinq (after the name) (abbreviation V)
- German: fí¼nfte (abbreviation 5.)
- Italian: quinto , quinta (before the noun) (abbreviations 5Âº , 5Âª ); (in names of monarchs and popes) quinto , quinta (after the name) (abbreviation V)
- Spanish: quinto , quinta (abbreviations 5Âº , 5Âª )
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for fifth for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.