- (transitive) Demand and enforce the payment or performance of.
- (transitive) Make desirable or necessary.
- (transitive) Extract forcibly.
- to revenge
- Precisely agreeing with a standard, a fact, or the truth; perfectly conforming; neither exceeding nor falling short in any respect.
- The clock keeps time.
- He paid the debt.
- an copy of a letter
- Habitually careful to agree with a standard, a rule, or a promise; accurate; methodical; punctual
- a man in observing an appointment
- In my doings I was .
- Precisely or definitely conceived or stated; strict.
- Dutch: exact, precies
- German: exakt (1-3), genau (1,2)
- From Latin exactum, past participle of exigere.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for exact for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.