verb (evacuat, es)
- To make empty; to empty out; to remove the contents of; as, to evacuate a vessel or dish.
- Fig.: To make empty; to deprive.
- To remove; to eject; to void; to discharge, as the contents of a vessel, or of the bowels.
- To withdraw from; to quit; to retire from; as, soldiers from a country, city, or fortress
Etymology: From evacuare.
- Dutch: evacueren
- French: évacuer
- German: evakuieren (1,2,4), entleeren (3), annullieren (4)
- Italian: evacuare
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for evacuate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.