- (obsolete) An inscription in stone.
- A brief but witty saying.
- A short, witty or pithy poem.
- When an one's composin',
- brevity is key,
- of stanzas: one should be chosen,
- and of lines: one more than three.''
- French: épigramme
- German: Epigramm
Etymology: From (term, epigramma, , lang=la) < Ancient Greek (epigramma) "inscription".
- Latin: epigramma
- Spanish: epigrama
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for epigram for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.