verb to entreat
- To treat, or conduct toward; to deal with; to use.
- To treat with, or in respect to, a thing desired; hence, to ask earnestly; to beseech; to petition or pray with urgency; to supplicate; to importune.
- To beseech or supplicate successfully; to prevail upon by prayer or solicitation; to persuade.
- To invite; to entertain.
- To treat or discourse; hence, to enter into negotiations, as for a treaty.
- To make an earnest petition or request.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for entreat for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.