- (context, definite article) A 17th and 18th century philosophical movement in European history; the Age of Enlightenment or Age of Reason emphasizing rationalism.
- (software) An X window manager.
- Dutch: Verlichting
- French: Les Lumières
- German: Aufklí¤rung
- Spanish: Ilustración
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Enlightenment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- An act of enlightening, or the state of being enlightened or instructed.
- A concept in religious mysticism, philosophy and psychology related to achieving clarity of perception, reason and knowledge.
- German: (t, de, Aufklí¤rung, f)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for enlightenment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.