- special, Special weight or forcefulness given to something considered important.
Translations: Etymology: From Ancient Greek (polytonic, á) (emphasis) "significance" < (polytonic, á) (emphainÅ) "I present" or "I indicate" < (polytonic, á) (en) "in" and (polytonic, ) (phainÅ) "I show"
- He paused for before saying who had won.
- Special attention or prominence given to something.
- Anglia TV's is on Norwich and district.
- Prominence given to a syllable or words, by raising the voice or printing in italic or underlined type.
- He used a yellow highlighter to indicate where to give in his speech.
- (typography) Related to bold.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for emphasis for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.