Translations: Etymology: Abbreviation of (term, emotional).
- (rfv-sense) (uncountable, music, early 1990s) A particular style of hardcore punk rock
- (uncountable, music, late 1990s-current) Any form of guitar-driven alternative rock that is particularly or notably emotional
- (rfv-sense) (countable, early 1990s) An individual or group of people associated with the subculture and musical style of definition (1)
- (countable, late 1990s-current) An individual or group of people associated with a fashion or stereotype of definition (2)
- (countable, 2000s) A young person who is considered to be over-emotional or stereotypically emo
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for emo for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.