- (archaic) high, lofty; towering; prominent.
- noteworthy. remarkable, great
- His good sense has been a godsend to this project.
- of a person, distinguished, important, noteworthy
- In later years, the professor became known as an historian.
Etymology: From the present participle stem of Latin eminere "project", from ex- + minere.
- French: éminent
- German: angesehen
- Spanish: eminente
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for eminent for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.