- A state of discomfort arising from bashfulness.
- A state of confusion arising from hesitation or difficulty in choosing.
- A person or thing which is the cause of humiliation to another.
- Kevin, you are an embarassment to this family.
- Losing this highly publicized case was an embarassment to the firm.
- Spanish: vergí¼enza , corte (italbrac, Spain, colloquial), pena (italbrac, Caribbean Islands, Central America, Colombia, Mexico, Venezuela - colloquial), plancha (italbrac, Chile, colloquial), pudor (italbrac, especially Argentina, Chile, Uruguay - formal usage in other countries)
(trans-top, state of confusion)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for embarrassment for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.