noun (ecstasies, -)
- intense, Intense pleasure.
- A state of emotion so intense that a person is carried beyond rational thought and self-control.
- A trance, frenzy, or rapture associated with mystic or prophetic exaltation.
- (slang) MDMA, a synthetic entactogen of the phenethylamine family.
Etymology: From Ancient Greek (term, á, sc=polytonic) (ekstasis) < (term, á, sc=polytonic) (eksistÄmi) "I displace" < (term, á, sc=polytonic) (ek) "out" and (term, á, sc=polytonic) (histÄmi) "I stand".
- German: Ecstasy , Teile , Pillen
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for ecstasy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.