- made of earth or mud
Etymology: earth + -en
- 1826, James Fenimore Cooper, The Last of the Mohicans
- :A hundred dwellings stood on the margin of the lake...
- made of clay (especially said of pottery)
- 1589, Richard Hakluyt, The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques, and Discoveries of The English Nation
- :... the Godfathers and Godmothers follow into the midst of the Church, where there is a small table ready set, and on it an pot ful of warme water, ...
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for earthen for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.