verb ; "earnt" is incorrect
- (transitive) to gain (success) through applied effort or work
- (transitive) to receive (money) for working
- (transitive) to deserve (something)
- (intransitive) to receive money for working
- Now that you are earning, you can start paying me rent.
Etymology: Old English earnian
- French: gagner
- Italian: guadagnare
- Spanish: ganar
(trans-top, intransitive: receive money for working)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for earn for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.