- A flower that opens only in the day
- A book containing canonical offices but not matins
- (dated) A diary or journal.
- (dated) A daily news publication.
- Italian: diurno (2), diurnale (2,3,4)
- Occurring daily
- Primarily active during the day.
- (botany) Open during daylight hours, closed at night
- Repeated or recurring daily. Having a daily cycle of completed actions in 24 hours and recurring every 24 hours. Thus, most reference is made to diurnal tasks, cycles, tides, or sunrise to sunset.
- Dutch: dagelijks (1), dag- (2)
- French: journalier (1), diurne (2)
- German: tí¤glich (1), tagaktiv (2)
- Italian: diurno
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for diurnal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.