- A person or device that cuts
- (nautical) A single-masted, fore-and-aft-rigged, sailing vessel with at least two headsails, and a mast set further aft than that of a sloop.
- A heavy-duty motor boat for official use, e.g. a coast-guard cutter
- (nautical) A ship's boat, used for transport ship-to-ship or ship-to-shore.
- (cricket) A ball that moves sideways in the air, or off the pitch, because it has been cut.
- (baseball) A cut fastball
- (slang) a ten pence piece. So named because it is the coin most often sharpened by prison inmates to use as a weapon.
- (slang) a person who cuts him or herself, out of angst or masochism; especially when such person writes about this on the internet
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cutter for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.