verb (crystaliz, es)
- (transitive) To cause something to form crystals
- I crystalized the copper sulphate by slowly cooling a saturated solution.
- (transitive) To coat something with crystals, especially of sugar
- We crystalized the fruit by coating in sugar.
- (transitive) To give something a definite or precise form
- After some thought, I crystalized my ideas for the paper.
- (intransitive) To assume a crystalline form
- The copper sulphate crystalized from solution.
- (intransitive) To take a definite form
- My ideas crystalised overnight.
- French: se cristalliser
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crystalize for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.