- (given name, female).
- (slang) The drug Crystal Meth (methamphetamine hydrochloride)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for Crystal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.
- (countable) A solid (mineral quartz or otherwise) composed of an array of atoms possessing long-range order and arranged in a pattern which is periodic in three dimensions.
- (countable) A piece of glimmering, shining mineral resembling ice or glass.
- (uncountable) A fine type of glassware, or the material used to make it.
Etymology: From cristal 'clear ice/mineral', from cristal, from crystallum 'crystal, ice', from Ancient Greek (krystallos) 'ice', from (kryos) 'frost'; from the Proto-Indo-European base kru(s)-, meaning hard, hard outer surface. <br>
- Dutch: kristal
- French: cristal
- German: Kristallglas , Kristall
- Italian: cristallo
- Spanish: cristal
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for crystal for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.