noun (uncountable and countable; plural courtesies)
- (uncountable) Polite behavior.
- Please extend them the of your presence.
- (countable) A polite gesture or remark.
- I offered them a ride simply as a .
- (uncountable) Consent or agreement in spite of fact; indulgence
- They call this pond a lake by only.
- (uncountable) Willingness or generosity in providing something needed.
- They received free advertising through the of the local newspaper.
adjective (no comparative or superlative; used only before the noun)
- French: courtoisie
- Italian: cortesia
- Dutch: hoffelijkheid
(trans-top, polite gesture or remark)
- Given or done as a polite gesture.
- We paid a visit to the new neighbors.
- Free of charge.
- The event planners offered tickets for the reporters'
- Italian: di cortesia
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for courtesy for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.