- Two partners in a romantic or sexual relationship.
- Joe and Amy make a nice .
- Two of the same kind connected or considered together (see Usage notes).
- They look like a of idiots!
- A small number of (see Usage notes) Informal.
- Let me have a of slices of pepperoni.
- One of the pairs of plates of two metals which compose a voltaic battery, called a voltaic couple or galvanic couple.
- (physics) Two rotations, movements, etc., that are equal in amount but opposite in direction, and acting along parallel lines or around parallel axis, axes.
verb (coupl, ing)
- French: quelques ...
- German: einige, ein paar
- Italian: paio
- Spanish: un par de, unos
- Dutch: koppel
- (transitive) To join two things together.
- Now the conductor will the train cars.
- Italian: agganciare
- Spanish: acoplar
- ( caw-phal ) : two of something, double. dates to biblical period
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for couple for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.