- A weight sufficient to balance another, as in the opposite scale of a balance; an equal weight.
- An equal power or force acting in opposition; a force sufficient to balance another force.
- The relation of two weights or forces which balance each other; equilibrium; equiponderance.
- To act against with equal weight; to equal in weight; to balance the weight of; to counterbalance.
- To act against with equal power; to balance.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for counterpoise for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.