- A group of individuals, created by law or under authority of law, having a continuous existence independent of the existences of its members, and powers and liabilities distinct from those of its members.
- In Fascist Italy, a joint association of employers' and workers' representatives.
- (slang) A protruding belly; a paunch.
Etymology: From Latin corporatio
- Dutch: bedrijf , vennootschap
- French: corporation , société
- German: Unternehmen , Kapitalgesellschaft , Kí¶rperschaft (juristische Person), Innung , Gilde , Gemeindevertretung , -rat
- Italian: societí , corporazione
- Spanish: corporación
(trans-top, Italian association)
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for corporation for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.