- A musical instrument of the brass family, slightly smaller than a trumpet, usually in the musical key of B-flat.
- Something shaped like a cone, notably
- a piece of paper twisted to be used in a container
- a pastry shell to be filled with ice-cream, hence (UK) an ice cream cone.
- the headgear of certain religious sisters
Etymology: from French (cfr. infra)
- Dutch: kornet
- French: cornet
- Italian: cono di cialda
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for cornet for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.