verb (conversat, ing)
- (context, African American Vernacular English) To converse, to have conversation.
Etymology: (back-form, conversation)
- 2002, Gail L. Thompson, African-American Teens Discuss Their Schooling Experiences, Bergin Garvey/Greenwood, page 34:
- : We don't just want to go to class and not with the teachers.
- 2003, Steven Travers, Barry Bonds: Baseballs Superman, Sports Publishing LLC, page 241:
- : Barry did grow up in a white neighborhood, you know, and he does know how to , and he does know how to pronounce his vowels, he knows how to talk.
- 2005, Prudence L. Carter, Keepin' It Real: School Success Beyond Black and White, Oxford University Press, page 37:
- : I'll talk to them and sic, but I won't pay no mind to the things that they do.
Supplemental Details:Sponsor an extended definition for conversate for as little as $10 per month. Click here to contact us.